Best Agatha Christie Quotes – Writer of Famous Detective Novels
Agatha Christie also known as Lady Mallowan was an English writer. She was born in 1890 and is known for her numerous novels and a short story collection, particularly these stories revolve around fictional characters named Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple.
Cristie has also written the world’s longest-running play, The Mousetrap, which has been performed in the West End since 1952.
Anyways, in this article, we are going to tell you about some of the best quotes by Agatha Christie. So let’s get into the list.
List of Best Quotes by Agatha Christie
1. “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them. ”― Agatha Christie
2. “I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow; but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.”― Agatha Christie
3. “Very few of us are what we seem.”― Agatha Christie
4. “The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.”― Agatha Christie
5. “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.”― Agatha Christie
6. “If you place your head in a lion’s mouth, then you cannot complain one day if he happens to bite it off.”― Agatha Christie
7. “Instinct is a marvelous thing. It can neither be explained nor ignored.”― Agatha Christie
8. “The best time for planning a book is while you’re doing the dishes. ”― Agatha Christie
9. “You gave too much rein to your imagination. Imagination is a good servant and a bad master. The simplest explanation is always the most likely.”― Agatha Christie
10. “One doesn’t recognize the really important moments in one’s life until it’s too late.”― Agatha Christie
11. “Never do anything yourself that others can do for you.”― Agatha Christie
12. “It is really a hard life. Men will not be nice to you if you are not good-looking, and women will not be nice to you if you are.”― Agatha Christie
13. “Never tell all you know—not even to the person you know best.”― Agatha Christie
14. “One of the saddest things in life, is the things one remembers.”― Agatha Christie
15. “The young people think the old people are fools — but the old people know the young people are fools.”― Agatha Christie
16. “Time is the best killer.”― Agatha Christie
17. “In the midst of life, we are in death.”― Agatha Christie
18. “The truth, however ugly in itself, is always curious and beautiful to seekers after it.”― Agatha Christie
19. “But surely for everything you love you have to pay some price.”― Agatha Christie
20. “Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that’s no reason not to give it.”― Agatha Christie
21. “It is clear that the books owned the shop rather than the other way about. Everywhere they had run wild and taken possession of their habitat, breeding and multiplying, and clearly lacking any strong hand to keep them down.”― Agatha Christie
22. “Words, madmoiselle, are only the outer clothing of ideas.”― Agatha Christie
23. “To every problem, there is a most simple solution.”― Agatha Christie
24. “Every murderer is probably somebody’s old friend.”― Agatha Christie
25. “A man when he is making up to anybody can be cordial and gallant and full of little attentions and altogether charming. But when a man is really in love he can’t help looking like a sheep.”― Agatha Christie
Read More: Quotes and Book Summaries
That’s it with the list of Agatha Christie Quotes quotes. If you liked the quotes, don’t forget to share them with your reader friends; if you have any suggestions, let us know by commenting below.
Sourabh Sharma is a hobbyist book reader, Entrepreneur, and a literature student at Delhi University. A blog writer by day and a book reader by night, he is oathed to discuss himself in a third person but can be persuaded to do so from time to time.