Ruskin Bond Quotes – Author of The Blue Umbrella
We have curated a list of the best Ruskin Bond Quotes. Let’s get a look at the quotes.
Ruskin Bond is a famous Indian writer who has written many books. Ruskin has written numerous novels, short stories, essays, and memoirs that have been translated into more than twenty languages. His works are popular among children as well as adults and he is considered to be one of the most influential writers of India’s post-independence era.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the best Ruskin Bond quotes. So, without further ado let’s get into the list.
List of Best Ruskin Bond Quotes:
1. “To be able to laugh and to be merciful are the only things that make man better than the beast”― Ruskin Bond
2. “Happiness is as exclusive as a butterfly, and you must never pursue it. If you stay very still, it may come and settle on your hand. But only briefly. Savour those moments, for they will not come in your way very often.”― Ruskin Bond
3. “Happiness is a mysterious thing, to be found somewhere between too little and too much.”― Ruskin Bond
4. “It is always the same with mountains. Once you have lived with them for any length of time, you belong to them. There is no escape.”― Ruskin Bond
5. “All glory comes from daring to begin.”― Ruskin Bond
6. “and when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.”― Ruskin Bond
7. “Red roses for young lovers. French beans for longstanding relationships”― Ruskin Bond
8. “The past is always with us, for it feeds the present.”― Ruskin Bond
9. “On books and friends I spend my money; For stones and bricks, I haven’t any.”― Ruskin Bond
10. “I am still on my zigzag way, pursuing the diagonal between reason and heart.”― Ruskin Bond
11. “It’s courage, not luck, that takes us through to the end of the road.”― Ruskin Bond
12. “Yesterday, I was sad, tomorrow i may be sad again, but today i know that i am happy. I want to live on and on, delighting like a pagan in all that is physical; and i know that this one lifetime, however long, cannot satisfy my heart.”― Ruskin Bond
13. “I don’t want to rot like mangoes at the end of the season, or burnout like the sun at the and of the day. I cannot live like the gardener, the cook and water-carrier, doing the same task everyday of my life… I want to be either somebody or nobody. I don’t want to be anybody.”― Ruskin Bond
14. “Hinduism comes closest to being a nature religion. Rivers, rocks, trees, plants, animals, and birds all play their part, both in mythology and everyday worship. This harmony is most evident in remote places like this, and I hope it does not loose its unique character in the ruthless urban advance.”― Ruskin Bond
15. “The world keeps on changing, but there is always something, somewhere, that remains the same.”― Ruskin Bond
16. “live close to nature and you’ll never feel lonely. Don’t drive those sparrows out of your veranda; they won’t hack into your computer.”― Ruskin Bond
17. “You don’t have to lie if you know how to withhold the truth.”― Ruskin Bond
18. “One sure way to lose the world and everything in it, is to try grasping it.”― Ruskin Bond
19. “Cold weather doesn’t care if your coat is old or new.”― Ruskin Bond
20. “The other day a young Internet surfer asked me why I preferred using a pencil instead of a computer. The principal reason, I told him, was that I liked chewing on the end of my pencil. A nasty habit, but it helps me concentrate. And I find it extremely difficult to chew on a computer.”― Ruskin Bond
21. “The best kind of walk, and this applies to the plains as well as to the hills, is the one in which you have no particular destination when you set out.”― Ruskin Bond
22. “When we are young, we can put up with a great deal of discomfort in order to follow a dream. If, after thirty-five years, I’m still doing my own thing, it’s because I haven’t forgotten the dream. Let no man take your dream away. It will sustain you to the end.”― Ruskin Bond
23. “The pure, the bright, the beautiful, That stirred our hearts in youth, The impulse to a wordless prayer, The dreams of love and truth; The longings after something lost, The spirit’s yearning cry, The striving after better hopes … These things can never die.”― Ruskin Bond
24. “if you have secrets, you must have a friend to share them with,”― Ruskin Bond
25. “Nothing is insignificant; nothing is without consequence in the intricate web of life. ”― Ruskin Bond
That’s it with the list of Best Ruskin Bond Quotes. if you liked the quotes, don’t forget to share these with your friends. If you have any questions or queries let us know by commenting below.
Sourabh Sharma is a hobbyist book reader, Entrepreneur, and a literature student at Delhi University. A blog writer by day and a book reader by night, he is oathed to discuss himself in a third person but can be persuaded to do so from time to time.