The Girl Next Door Quotes by Jack Ketchum
The Girl Next door is a horror novel written by Jack Ketchum and was published in 1989. There are many quotes that can make you amazed and that’s why we have compiled the best quotes from “The Girl Next Door” book and created this impressive list for you guys.
Here’s the list of best Girl next door quotes:-
1.“It was a time when even the guilty displayed a rare innocence. In”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
2. “So here my check. Overdue and overdrawn. Cash it in hell.”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
3. “You got to tell me the brave captain Why are the wicked so strong? How do the angels get to sleep When the devil leaves the porch light on?” —Tom Waits”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
4. “As though all the world were a bad joke and she was the only one around who knew the punchline.”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
5. “I lay in bed and thought about how easy it was to hurt a person. It didn’t have to be physical. All you had to do was take a good hard kick at something they cared about.”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
6. “In the basement, with Ruth, I began to learn that anger, hate, fear, and loneliness are all one button awaiting the touch of just a single finger to set them blazing toward destruction.”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
7. “How do the angels get to sleep When the devil leaves the porch light on? —Tom Waits”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
8. “I see Donny turning to throw the words over his shoulder on his way across the lawn to the porch. Casually, but with an odd sort of sincerity about him, as though this were absolute gospel. “My mom says Meg’s the lucky one,” he said. “My mom says she got off easy.”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
9. “It’s a cold, stark emptiness that has no laughter in it. No compassion, and no mercy. It’s feral. Like the eyes of a hunting animal.”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
10. “We were just kids. We were property. We belonged to our parents, body, and soul. It meant we were doomed in the face of any real danger from the adult world and that meant hopelessness, and humiliation, and anger.”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
11. “The dialogue is solo now. I don’t talk. No matter who’s in bed with me I never do. My thoughts slip off into nightmares sometimes but I don’t share them. I have become now what I only began to be then—completely self-protective.”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
12. “She was grinning and she should have been pretty when she grinned. She had good white teeth and a lovely, delicate mouth. But something always went wrong with Denise’s smile. There was always something magic in it.”― Jack Ketchum, The Girl Next Door
Read More: Quotes and Book Summaries
That’s it with the list of best the girl next door quotes by Jack Ketchum. If you liked the quotes, don’t forget to share them with your reader friends and if you have any questions about the quarry, comment below.
Sourabh Sharma is a hobbyist book reader, Entrepreneur, and a literature student at Delhi University. A blog writer by day and a book reader by night, he is oathed to discuss himself in a third person but can be persuaded to do so from time to time.
Thanks for these quotes…..